Log in

Thu, Sep. 30th, 2004, 11:23 pm

I need help.

To make a long story short... I just got out of a 3 year abusive relationship, which left me the single mother of one wonderful little boy, Aidan (he'll be 2 in November). Paying for diapers, groceries, etc. wasn't a problem while I was in the relationship, but for my own health I had to get out of that.

Now, my problem is, I'm working, but I can't afford diapers, food, warm clothes, or anything I need for my son. I can barely afford the gas money to get to work, on top of babysitting $ and food.

I guess what I'm asking, and I'm sorry if I'm coming off sounding like a beggar... but if there is anyone out there who is better off than I am, if you could help me out in any way, I'd be VERY thankful. I don't have much support from my family and I really don't have any friends who could help me out, most of them are younger than I am anyways.

This is my last resort. If you could please help me, my email is plsmachic@excite.com, or I could email you if you comment with your email address.

Again, I'm sorry for asking, I just don't know where else to turn.

~* Laura *~

Wed, Nov. 7th, 2007 01:45 pm (UTC)

asking total strangers for help is the worse thing you could do for not yourself - but for your child. You can never be too sure of how people can help.
Go to court - every county in America has Legal Aide - my sons father is not paying AND he causes issues, not abusive cause I'd break him in some form or another if he was - but search for local places you can find free help - they are out there, you have to look.

Tue, Dec. 23rd, 2008 02:00 pm (UTC)
damienleisti: check your local library

they can point you in the direction of the listings of grant programs. I am certain there is free money available for single mothers.